How to install MS Windows on VPS?
- Log in to the user interface or create a new user account.
- To create a server click on "Services order" in the left menu.
For MS Windows, you can choose from two installation methods:
- Available for versions: MS Windows server 2012 on the default tab "VPS, Applications, WebApps> Applications". To install it, simply select MS Windows in the order and confirm with the "Order" button. The installer himself takes care of everything else. After the installation is complete, you will receive your access data by email. How to connect to VPS remotely can be found here. In this guide, you continue from point 12.
- Available for versions: MS Windows server 2012, 2016 and 2019 on the "VPS, Applications, WebApps> Operating Systems" tab.
- To manually install the operating system, select the MS Windows server on the "VPS, Applications, WebApps> Operating systems" tab, where you can choose between english and czech version 2012, 2016 and 2019. Language versions can also be installed using the Windows Update service. For our installation example, we choose version 2016.
- Select your preferred VPS plan and complete your order.
- Now connect to the remote screen using the web console or VNC client.
After loading the Windows installer from the media, you can modify the local preferences or leave the default and continue with the "Next" button.
If you are installing MS Windows from an order, you will see one unallocated partition. You can leave the partition setup at the discretion of the installer program and continue with the "Next" button. When you reinstall VPS, you may encounter multiple partitions and other formatting. Removing incompatible partitions will create an unallocated partition that can be partitioned according to your preferences or the installer preset.
The installer performs the next steps himself.
The server restarts during installation.
Before the first login, enter the password for the user "administrator". Only you will know this password, and if you lose it, we can't help you.
The first time you log in, you will see a sidebar with network configuration. Select "NO" here.
You will also see the default "Server Manager> Dashboard" screen with the initial configuration menu.
We recommend to have the operating system updated regularly via the "Windows update" service.
- The installation is complete and from now on you can use Remote Desktop as well as VNC or Web Console to connect to VPS.